Below are 15 tips to keep you safe while jumping on the trampoline. By following these tips you will be less opt to having any accidents. The trampoline is a fun thing but only when no one gets hurt.
1. Only have one person jumping at a time. If you have multiple people take turns. By having multiple people jumping this will raise the risk of getting hurt. The trampoline has a weight limit and if that limit is gone over it will wear out the trampoline parts much faster and may cause accidents.
2. Make sure all parts are in good working condition.
3. No jumping from other objects (top of house, etc.) onto the trampoline.
4. If you attempt complex trick or somersaults have spotters, and ensure you are experienced and skilled enough to perform these tricks…
5. Place the trampoline away from structures and other play areas.
6. Ensure that your trampoline is properly assembled in a level area with at least 10 unobstructed feet (3 meters) on all sides and a minimum of 20 unobstructed feet (6 meters) above the trampoline bouncing surface. The area directly below the bouncing surface must be kept clear at all times.
7. Perform the ‘Stop Bounce’ after every skill or sequence of skills, or whenever you deviate from the center of the trampoline.
8. Never jump off a trampoline, always climb off.
9. Keep your bouncing low and under control. Consistently land in the center of the trampoline.
10. Do not leave children unsupervised on the trampoline.
11. Avoid bouncing for long periods of time and do not bounce when you are tired.
12. Do not use your backyard trampoline when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
13. Ensure the spotters are always stationed around the trampoline.
14. Master the specified pre-requisites before attempting a new skill.
15. Do not attempt back flips (back somersaults), multiple somersaults or twisting somersaults on your backyard trampoline.